Friday, June 16, 2017

Replacing the Clothes Washer Drain Hose

I have developed a regular schedule for changing the hot and cold washer hoses. However, I have never thought about changing the washer drain hose.

My washer was struggling to drain the water and I couldn't  figure out why. I looked at the drain hose and found it completely plugged with lint, gelled up detergent, and crud. It was disgusting!  And the crud filled the entire hose, end to end.

I purchased a universal hose from Lowes. The way these universal hoses work is you cut the part that connects to your washed at the correct diameter. This allows you to pick 1", 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" all depending on where you cut that connector.
 
Next, you want to unclamp the existing hose from the back of the washing machine. There is going to be some water in the hose, so, have a bucket ready.


Finally, after the new hose's connector is cut, attach it to the washing machine.

That's all there is to it! I wish I had known to add this to my regular washer maintenance. I would have replaced this drain hose before it got so bad!



No comments:

Post a Comment